Washington, Sep 5 The Donald Trump organization is eyeing another package of levies on Chinese items as the exchange war between Washington and Beijing hinted at no abetting.
The US is likely to impose tariffs on USD 200 billion of Chinese products on September 7 after the public comment period on taxes closes on September 6.
The US sought public comments on the proposed list of items that would be affected by the tariffs. A month ago, public hearings were held and American businesses were allowed to present their composed remarks on the proposition, CNN reported.
In July, Washington had slapped 25 for every penny taxes on USD 34 billion of Chinese imports and forced another USD 16 billion a month ago. China countered by forcing 25 for every penny levies on American goods worth USD 16 billion.
It is yet to be evident whether the new taxes by the US would be set at either 10 percent or 25 percent.
So far, Beijing has imposed 25 per cent tariffs on USD 50 billion of American goods. It has also threatened Washington to impose another round of tariffs amounting to USD 60 billion of US items.
A month ago, Trump had directed the Office of the United States Trade Representative to test the effect of a 10 percent tariff, which was later increased to 25 per cent, the report said.
China is the US' largest trading partner, with almost USD 506 billion worth of Chinese items being sold to Washington a year ago.
On the one hand, the Trump administration recently slapped tariffs on various nations, including China, guaranteeing that the US was "being dealt with unreasonably in exchange" and blaming Beijing for "taking protected innovation". On the other hand, China chided the US for indulging in "trade bullying."
Wednesday, 5 September 2018
US likely to slap tariffs on $200 bn of Chinese merchandise
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
PM Modi: Congress insulted voters by questioning BJP's huge win
New Delhi, June 26 Prime Minister Narendra Modi Wednesday blamed the Congress for offending voters of the nation by questioning the massive ...
-
INDIA LATEST Jharkhand High Court has allowed Lalu Prasad gets 6-week provisional bail 11/05/2018 AIIMS , CBI , fooder scam , Jha...
-
Lucknow, Aug 18 Former UP chief minister Akhilesh Yadav today jabbed fun at BJP President Amit Shah, saying the opposition may well have to ...
-
LATEST WORLD Justin Trudeau says, Khalistani terrorist ought to never have been invited 22/02/2018 Canadian Prime Minister Justin Tr...
No comments:
Post a Comment